A Tea Party is great “grown-up” fun and a special way to celebrate a birthday. A Tea Party works for a wide range of ages and can be whimsical or fancy.
A Tea Party can highlight a special toy or book, such as princesses, dolls, teddy bears, Ms. Spider or Alice in Wonderland.
- Make invitations in the shape of a tea cup, decorated with a paper doily or with a real tea bag and a big tea label invitation attached.
- Decorate with paper doilies, pink and white streamers, silver foil balloons, dolls and stuffed animals and fresh flower bouquets.
- Play dress-up and musical chairs. Toss coins into tea cups. Have free play with dolls and stuffed animals.
- Decorate paper or straw hats with flowers and ribbons. Make fragrant sachets. Set out beads and cord for jewelry making. Decorate a photo frame. Make and decorate sugar cookies for tea party.
- Serve finger sandwiches, cheese cubes, cookies, nuts and decaffeinated fruit flavored teas. Decorate cupcakes with paper cocktail umbrellas.
- Fill favor bags with hair accessories, lip balm, blowing bubbles, sidewalk chalk and stickers. Or send guests home with their own china tea cup and saucer from a thrift store.