Slumber Parties become cherished childhood memories. It’s such a treat to have friends spend the night. Clear a room for guests to spread out their sleeping bags, or if your child is adventurous and the weather pleasant, have the children sleep in tents in your yard.
Make a slumber party extra special by having your child select a fun theme, such as outer space, movie night, or spa makeover.
- Design invitations like a night sky (moon & stars) and include a photo of your child in cute pjs. Ask guests to bring a sleeping bag, pjs, and a tooth brush.
- Play board games, Pictionary or charades, Twister and 20 questions. Put together puzzles and tell jokes and riddles. Show movies.
- Make a favorite things collage (children cut photos from magazines). Decorate book marks or picture frames. Set out beads and cord for jewelry making. Decorate pillowcases or big t-shirts (night shirts) with fabric paint.
- Order Chinese takeout or pizza. Make jiffy pop popcorn and chocolate chip cookies. Serve sparkling apple cider or ginger ale. Make pancakes or a donut cake (stack colorful donuts on a platter) for breakfast.
- Send guests home with activity books, mystery novels, diaries or journals. Or fill favor bags with blowing bubbles, mini flashlights and a travel toothbrush.
Decorate with personalized party banners, colorful balloons and streamers, and silver paper or glow-in-the-dark plastic stars hung from ceiling.