A Pirate Party is a rip-roaring good time for just about any child and a fun way to celebrate your little buccaneer’s birthday!
Have a Pirate Party at home, nearby park, or local beach where guests can hunt for treasure and enjoy a day of active adventures.
- Design invitations like a treasure map with X marks the spot of the party or in the shape of a treasure chest.
- If delivering invitations, instead of mailing, enclose plastic coins and a few rhinestone “jewels” or roll invitation and place inside a bottle with a some sand and seashells.
- Decorate the party venue with a treasure map, a treasure chest (decorated box), and red and black balloons.
- Read a pirate story to set the stage for a treasure hunt. Play coin toss (gold coins in treasure chest), tug of war, and walk the plank.
- Set out sparkly beads and cords for jewelry making. Decorate cardboard boxes like treasure chests. Make pirate flags out of paper or fabric.
- Serve pizza, goldfish crackers and fruit kabobs. Decorate cake or cupcakes decorated with edible “treasure” (chocolate gold coins, jewel colored candies).
- Send guests home with favor bags of costume jewelry, coins (real, plastic or chocolate), stickers and tattoos.