A Space Party is a great theme for children of various ages and interests. Have a space party at home, nearby park, local planetarium, or even a video arcade.
The theme can be “serious” with a focus on astronomy and space exploration or can be geared towards the science fiction fan with aliens and characters from popular science fiction books and movies (Star Trek, Star Wars).
- Design invitations in the shape of a rocket ship. Or make invitations with photos of real astronauts or space ships (from NASA web site), drawing of solar system or stars in night sky or funny alien drawing (attach wiggle eyes, purple yarn hair, etc.).
- Decorate with space toys (plastic rockets and astronauts), paper or foam planets, stars hung the from ceiling or star charts.
- Have guests figure out how much they would you weigh on different planets. Play space trivia or pin the eye on the alien. Have a space walk obstacle course or treasure hunt.
- Make alien masks and create aliens our of pipe cleaners, pompoms, modeling clay and wiggle eyes. Make and decorate space ships out of large boxes. Decorate rocket book marks (pointed top with red ribbon at bottom).
- Serve pizza or sandwiches, ice-cream and pop rocks candy. Decorate cake or cupcakes with plastic aliens, astronauts, or space ships or make a rocket cake with birthday candles for rocket flames.
- Send guests home with plastic aliens, astronauts or space ships, stickers, glow in the dark stars and modeling clay.